“Bringing Baby Home ” - Workshop for couples
Even the most robust relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood.
Our research-based “Bringing Baby Home” workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible.
Lack of sleep, never-ending housework, and new financial concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction — all of which affect baby’s care.
Not surprisingly, 67% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment, and hurt feelings.
Agenda Workshop “Bringing Baby Home ”In a relaxed and supportive environment, parents learn to strengthen their relationship and foster a baby’s development during this challenging time. They build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital adjustment after the baby arrives: the quality of friendship in the marriage.
- • The value and importance of the Bringing Baby Home Program
- How couples can move through time together
- The art of building love maps
- The importance of sharing fondness and admiration
- The concept of turning towards and building an emotional bank account
- How to maintain the positive perspective
- How to ritualize the daily stress-reducing conversation
- The topic of flooding, self-soothing, and taking breaks
- Recognize the four warning signs of relationship meltdown
- Practice the four steps of constructive problem solving
- Recognize the importance of fathers, understand baby blues, postpartum mood disorders and other mental health issues
- Show parents how to connect with their children
- Preserve intimacy and romance in your relationship
- Create shared meaning, values, and rituals of connection
Problems in your marriage? We have the solution!
The workshop “Bringing baby home” will help you overcome the problems that arise with the arrival of a new member in the family, to have a functional, happy, and balanced marriage.
If your marriage is struggling, regardless of the newborn in your life, you can do Gottman couple psychotherapy sessions where you will receive personalized solutions to have a harmonious life.
Couples who want to participate in Gottman Couple Therapy go through a deepen evaluation process to get a clearer picture of the couple’s relationship, their strengths, and the issues that have led to the need for therapy, but also a diagnosis of possible individual blockages.
All about Gottman Method Couple Psychotherapy
Schedule a session with an ID Therapy specialist
Dr. Nadia Gorduza is the only psychotherapist and trainer in Romania specialized in Gottman Couple Therapy and represents in Romania The Gottman Institute.