Gottman Couple Therapy saves your marriage
Weekly Couple Therapy Sessions
Does your marriage suffer? Follow the Gottman Couple Therapy Program.
Follow the steps below and establish with your psychotherapist what plan suits you to save your marriage:
- Weekly Gottman Couple Therapy (weekly therapy sessions)
- Marathon Gottman Couple Therapy (intensive couple therapy for 4-5 consecutive days, 4-5 hours a day).
Gottman’s approach became popular because it is pragmatic, based on scientific research and focused on the positive side of the relationship.
The Gottman Couple Therapy method refers to strategies that strengthen feelings of friendship and intimacy, find solutions to manage conflicts, and build shared life projects.
Evaluate your relationship with the Gottman Method
Before starting the weekly therapy sessions, we will go through a process of evaluation and diagnosis of the relationship.
We will do an in-depth evaluation to have a clearer picture of the couple’s relationship, with their strengths and with the problems that generated the need for therapy.
The evaluation process using the Gottman Method consists of 3 sessions lasting 5 hours. A necessary period of interpretation and quantification is also needed.
- Session 1: Understanding the couple relationship
- Session 2: Understanding the partners as individuals
- Session 3: Understanding the strengths and areas where change is needed.
At the end of the third session, the couple will receive a “Treatment Plan” and the weekly sessions of therapy can begin.
How do the Couple Weekly Therapy sessions take place?
Partners have a dyadic conversation, and the psychologist observes and intervenes only to correct the interaction skills methodologically. From a wide range of options, the therapist chooses the technique most appropriate to the specific couple problems that he identifies during the evaluation.
Thus, gradually, it practically starts the practice of the best exercises that strengthen confidence, fondness, and intimacy. Once the partners’ interaction becomes warm and safe, the couple begins to solve their problems, to regain their intimacy, to reconnect with each other, and to strengthen their friendship.
And, most importantly, together to strive for happiness.
What will you learn during the Couple Weekly Therapy sessions?
1. How to get to know each other better?
2. How to build and strengthen friendship and trust?
3. How to recognize and respond to a partner’s bid of emotional connection?
4. How to be open to influence?
5. How to understand and work, both with solvable problems and with difficult ones?
6. How to overcome conflict gridlock?
7. How to create our “unique story”?
8. How to preserve your relationship?
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
“The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” workshop could give you a lot of information about how to use these principles to have a functional, happy, and balanced marriage.
Make an appointment and save your marriage
Address: Naum Ramniceanu Street, No. 23, ap. 1,
Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania